Monday, September 8, 2008

SCBWI CONFERENCE






This past weekend, September 5th and 6th, I was able to attend the Northern Ohio Society for Children's Books Writers and Illustrators 2208 Conference in Cleveland. As always, it was great to see so many writers and concentrate only on the craft. I saw my friends Kim and Charlie (above) and Jodi (with camera). Jean Daigneau, the chair, was a energetic organizer. Regina Brooks, president of the Serendipity Literary Agency of New York, gave a wonderful address on Saturday which made me immediately wish she were my agent. Above are pictured the three speakers, Amy Lennex of Sleeping Bear Press, Regina Brooks, and Kritin Daly of HarperCollins. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Now its back to dirty socks and maccaroni and cheese!

No comments: